Tuesday, March 2, 2010

PHOTO 43 - TOMBSTONE OF GEORGE M. SALSBURY - Eden Cemetery, Salisbury Cove, Mount Desert Island, Maine

First off, I apologize for not keeping this blog current the last few weeks. The awful weather here where I live and work issues have been regrettably keeping me away from what I love doing. That said, I will try to keep current every day from here on in, but may take a day off here and there so I can compile some new pictures to share with everyone.

Today's photo is of the tombstone of George M. Salsbury. This stone was once broken and as you can see somewhere along the line it was re-attached. VERY IMPORTANT: If you see a stone broken, even if it is one of your ancestors' stones, DO NOT TRY TO FIX OR RE-ATTACH IT! Let it alone and let possible repair and/or re-attachment be done by cemetery administration. You may damage the integrity of the stone if you attempt repair. Mr. Salsbury's stone also has a nice little epitaph as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment