Sunday, May 9, 2010

TOMBSTONE & MEMORIAL OF MY 3RD GREAT-GRANDMOTHER, CATHERINE KIBLER MEINTEL - Greenlawn Cemetery, Hollidaysburg, Blair County, Pennsylvania




On Mother's Day I would like to spotlight the grave of one of my ancestor grandmothers and I have chosen my 3rd-Great Grandmother, Catherine Kibler Meintel. Catherine was born 5 February 1841 in Pennsylvania and died 3 April 1923 in Hollidaysburg, Blair County, Pennsylvania. Her parents, Jacob Kibler and Barbara Dietrich, were German immigrants. Catherine married my 3rd-Great Grandfather, Henry Meintel, on 24 January 1862 at St. Lawrence, Cambria County, Pennsylvania. Henry served in the Civil War as a Union Soldier and some day I will post his story on here. I do not have much more information about Catherine. Seems she was a good wife and mother and played that role for most of her life. Her grave is marked by a simple stone, as are most of the graves in the plot. However, the main MEINTEL memorial is magnificently detailed and I can imagine how much better it looked almost 100 years ago when it was first created and placed. Happy Mother's Day to all mothers. And, to my dear Mom, my grandmothers, great-grandmothers and all of my ancestor grandmothers in Heaven, Happy Mother's Day to all of you. I love you all and miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment