Sunday, May 2, 2010

TOMBSTONE OF MY GREAT-GRANDPARENTS, JOHN CRUTCHFIELD KEITH & BERTHA MEINTEL KEITH - Holy Saviour Cemetery, Bethlehem, Northampton County, Pennsylvania

I have been doing a lot of research as of late on my Great-Grandfather's family. John Crutchfield Keith was born on July 14, 1880 in Macon, Bibb County, Georgia (Yes, his parents and ancestors are buried in Rose Hill Cemetery in Macon!). I love the name "Crutchfield" and wondered for many years why he was given that middle name. Turns out that Jack's mother, Sarah Antoinette North had a sister, Annie, who was married to William Ambrose Crutchfield. William had a brother, John (Jack), so I am reasonably certain that my Great-Grandfather was named for his uncle, Jack Crutchfield. Jack had an interesting life and I will write more about him as this blog evolves. His wife, Bertha, was also a very interesting woman whose father worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad. The tombstone is very modest and is located in a Roman Catholic Diocesan cemetery.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you J. K. Del Collo ,for your post, I love also the name "Crutchfield. The death of a pet is a solemn and difficult event. greek memorials

    ReplyDelete