Thursday, May 13, 2010

TOMBSTONE OF SERGEI RACHMANINOFF - Kensico Cemetery, Valhalla, New York


The great composer Rachmaninoff is featured today. I still love listening to his piano concertos and hear new things in them every time I listen. Rachmaninoff and his wife are buried in the front of the flowers and their daughter is buried to the left closest to the cross. The entire lot is nicely landscaped and very peaceful. Of course, when I parked my car and prepared my camera for the pictures, I played the ending of the First Movement of the 2nd Piano Concerto on my car's CD player while playing "air piano."

1 comment:

  1. THERE ARE TRULY NO WORDS THAT COULD TELL YOU WHAT JOY YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO NOT ONLY ME, BUT TO THE WORLD AT LARGE! I PRAY YOU HAD SALVATION MY FRIEND SO THAT MAYBE SOME DAY I MIGHT MEET YOU!

    ReplyDelete