Thursday, June 3, 2010

BRUNNER - STAAB TOMBSTONE - Charles Evans Cemetery, Reading, Berks County, PA




I found this tombstone while I was hiking through Charles Evans Cemetery a week back. I had seen it some years before during my thrice weekly hikes through the cemetery and finally got back to photograph it. I love how this couple had their wedding picture engraved on their tombstone. A very nice tribute indeed. Both must have been very devoted to each other. Maybe you are thinking, "Why didn't he move some of the plants and brush away to get a better picture?" I have a strict policy of not moving any plants or brush from any stone in order to make a better picture. I have too much respect for the deceased who are buried below me and too much respect for relatives and friends who worked hard to plant the items.


1 comment: