Sunday, June 13, 2010

TOMBSTONE OF HAROLD E. ZIMPLEMAN - Aulenbach's Cemetery, Mount Penn, Berks County, PA

Was he a complicated or "zimple" man? I had to pick today to venture through some of the sections of Aulenbach's Cemetery in Mount Penn, Berks County, PA. I should have done it in Spring, but no, I had to decide to do it today. At first I felt pretty good. There was a nice breeze blowing and the sun was hiding behind the clouds. Then the bugs started greeting me with intrusions into my eyes, mouth and ears! After snapping a few pics the humidity kicked in and before I knew it my shirt was soaked with perspiration! Before I retreated to the comfort of my air-conditioned car, I was able to take some more pics - some tombstones funny and others very nicely designed. I will be posting these in the days and weeks to come along with other pics from my collection. Enjoy! And, if you get a chance, drop me an e-mail and let me know what you think of the blog! I can be reached at OperaFan73@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment